An opportunity has arisen for a Web Developer, to join the newly created Digital Experience Department, and participate in an exciting period of growth in 2buy2. The Digital Experience Team is tasked with working closely with all departments in the company to delivering world class digital user experiences to help achieve these goals.
You will play a key role in the discovery, coding and building, testing, roll-out and maintenance of online applications and tools created for our clients. The applications you create will be varied and help our clients to be more efficient, allow for savings with a consistent focus on achieving excellence. Some of these applications will support our existing procurement services and some will stand alone.
2buy2 runs a number of sophisticated software systems such as CRM, finance applications, CMSs and analytics & reporting. Understanding the user journey and how data flows through these systems will be key to the success of a good implementation of any development work.
You will need to be highly motivated individual, with excellent communication skills and work well in a close-knit team. As the team is forming you will have input into the shape of the coding environment, methodologies, and best practices. You will be reporting to the Lead Developer and there will be an expectation of thinking outside the box and great problem-solving capabilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce excellence digital user experiences by regularly reviewing and testing all 2buy2 websites to ensure stability, security, and user experiences for prospects, leads, and customers.
- Work with design team and help create and shape the user experience.
- Create highly functional, secure, and efficient code. Use best practices to implement new websites/apps and enhancements to existing (such as version control).
- Work with other business departments and implement tracking of user interactions and create reports.
- Closely work with Marketing to develop & enhance our brand/identity and assist in design of outbound newsletters/emails/servicing portals/UI.
- Comprehensive understanding of SugarCRM and willingness to keep up to date with new releases / developments and liaise with supplier where needed.
- Point of contact for contracted webhosting company.
- Manage software/security updates and backups across website platforms.
- Cover and respond to helpdesk queries as required using a ticketing system. Trouble shoot any ongoing or ad hoc issues which arise.
- Support intranet development as required.
- Work with Leader Developer to plan and roll-out new functionality and improvements.
- Applies good practice in data protection in day to day work raising any non-conformance issues, supporting resolution where appropriate and challenging poor practices.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates, senior management, designers, and other project stakeholders.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to solve complex problems and provide highly functional solutions.
- Interrupt wireframes and designs into code and contribute to UX and UI. In-depth understanding of UI, including knowing how and when to leverage research and testing to inform decisions.
- Strong communication, excellent teamwork skills and attention to detail.
- Creation and documentation of coding standards and processes.
- Implementation of security standards during development.
- Identifying technical debt and refactoring code.
- Understanding of modern CMSs. Knowledge of Joomla and WordPress.
- Understand how to implement and use, user tacking scripts and services.
- Effective use of coding and debug tools, versioning control, automation and development environments.
- Development of strong and robust testing scripts; unit tests, integration tests & e2e tests.
- Experienced with Lean, MVP, Agile, Scrums and Spirits methodologies.
- Ability to remain flexible when managing multiple tasks.